Caramel Coffee Brownies A La Mode are chock full of the tastes of a favorite specialty coffee and the contrast of textures from rich cake-like brownies topped with creamy vanilla ice cream.
Cooking Time: 50 min
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 gallons butter pecan or vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine hot water and instant coffee granules; stir until coffee is completely dissolved. Stir in sugar and butter and continue cooking over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove saucepan from heat and add chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Stir in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in flour mixture. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan then cut into squares.
- Top each brownie with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Makes 9 to 12 brownies.
Recipe via Mr. Food