Don’t you just love getting delicious recipes in your inbox? I know I certainly do… 🙂
This one seems easy enough for a non~gourmet, I rarely cook kinda person (yea, I talking about moi)~
This Lemon Basil Chicky Babe is from Cooking Light.com. Since I’ve been laid off, I’m trying to watch the caloric in-take..as I’m at the house ALOT more now a days! I really do need to get out with my puppy dog and walk, as he’s getting lazy, not to mention VERY spoiled having mommy at home!
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- Basil Aioli:
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- To prepare chicken, combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to basil mixture, turning to coat.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 8 minutes on each side or until done.
- While chicken cooks, prepare aioli. Combine 1/4 cup basil and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Serve with chicken.
This is on my agenda for the weekend!!! Happy Cooking!
Recipe via cookinglight.com