Good afternoon!!! I hope everyone had a safe and blessed Labor Day weekend!!! Mine was truly all laboring~between what I have going on inside the house, my personal life and yard work, I’m too pooped to pop today! It’s been over a week since I posted on my new blog, so I’m being non~labor~intensive today and posting a yummy recipe featuring cupcakes and chocolate!!! I know, I know, just what we need after a “fulfilling” weekend~
These are great with fall coming~imagine walking into your kitchen~nice and warm, with the scent of chocolate~c’mon be honest, you’d love that, right?!?!
- 1/4 cup(s) Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 1/8 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup(s) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated white sugar
- 5/8 cup(s) whole milk
- 1/3 cup(s) strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 1/2 cup(s) (or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 6 ounce(s) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar, broken or chopped into 1-inch pieces (for the frosting)*
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy cream (for the frosting)
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter (for the frosting)
- 1 cup(s) Milk or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (for garnish)
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 12 cupcake molds or muffin tins with paper liners or spray with nonstick spray. To make the cupcakes, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, brown sugar, and white sugar. Whisk in the milk, coffee, and melted butter. Whisk in the dry ingredients. Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake molds, filling them about three-quarters full.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the middle of the cupcakes comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Using a small spatula or knife, remove the cupcakes from the pan. Continue to cool on a wire rack to room temperature.
To make the frosting, melt the chopped chocolate in the top of a double boiler, or in a heatproof bowl, over barely simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth. Heat the cream until hot. Remove from the heat and whisk in the chocolate. Transfer to a bowl and cool to just warm. Whisk in the butter until smooth. Let sit until it reaches a spreading consistency, about 1 hour. Spread the frosting on top of the cupcakes. Sprinkle them with chocolate chips.
*Can be substituted with 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Sounds yummy, eh??? Well, they’re going to be baking here soon! Let me know how yours turn out, Ok? Promise? Kewl!
Recipe via Ghirardelli Chocolates